Tang Shuanhu, M.Sc., professor, director of advanced technologies of fertilizer and fertilization research center and secondary academic leader of Soil and Fertilizer Research Institute, GDAAS.
1989.7-1998.5 Teaching in Northwestern Agricultural University
1998.6-present Working in Soil and Fertilizer Research Institute, Guangdong Academy of Agricultural Sciences
Plant nutrition, highly effective fertilization, advanced technologies of fertilizers
He has hosted many projects, including the National S&T Support Program for the 11th Five-Year Plan; Special Agro-scientific Research in Public Benefit; Key Project of China Spark Program; the development fund program of modern agricultural production and Key Technologies R&D Program of Guangdong, Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong etc.
Recent main achievements: (1) When participating in the studies on the techniques of single basal fertilization, revealing the mechanism of yield increasing of the techniques through systematic researches such as the characteristics of tiller, root, filling, Senescence, and yield component etc. which filled the blank of corresponding research field. (2) Proposed the techniques of root and delaying senescence development according to the development laws of rice, which can significantly reduce the fertilizer rate and increase rice yield. (3) Screened out the slow release materials and nutritional formula fitted for the development of vegetables. The special slow release fertilizers were proved to be significantly effective in saving fertilizer and increasing yield.
Overall, He has accomplished 4 science and technology progress awards, 1 Golden bridge award and 1 excellent patent award during work periods. Published more than 50 papers, and wrote 3 monographs and 2 textbooks.
1. Tang Shuanhu et al. Effects of slow/controlled release fertilizers on the growth and nutrient use efficiency of pepper. Chinese Journal of Applied Ecology, 2008, 19(5)
2. Tang Shuanhu et al. Studies on the mechanism of single basal application of controlled-release fertilizers for increasing yield of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Agricultural Sciences in China, 2007, 6(5).
3. Tang Shuanhu et al. Effects of single basal application of controlled- release fertilizer on root activity and nutrient absorption of rice (Oryza Satava L.). Plant nutrition and fertilizer science, 2007, 13(4)
4. Tang Shuanhu et al. Studies on the mechanism of single basal application of controlled-release fertilizers for increasing yields of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Scientia Agricultura Sinica 2006, 39(12)
5. Tang Shuanhu et al. Influence of single basal application controlled- release fertilizer on morphologic development of root system and lodging resistance of rice. Plant nutrition and fertilizer science, 2006, 12(1).