Ph.D. and Deputy Director
Floriculture Research Institute, Guangdong Academy of Agricultural Sciences
Tel ：86-20-87593419, Fax：86-20-87596402
He graduated from Huazhong Agricultural University in July 1990 with the bachelor’s degree of agriculture and in June 1993 with the master’s degree of agriculture, majoring in Crop Genetic Breeding. Then he got his doctor’s degree of agriculture from South China Agricultural University in June 2006, majoring in Botany
He is mainly engaged in the orchid germplasm resources identification and evaluation, genetic breeding, molecular biology, cytology, tissue culture and rapid reproduction technology research.
He has undertaken more than 50 national or provincial-level scientific research projects and gained 8 scientific and technological achievements award, including one second prize of the National Science and Technology Progress, one first prize of Guangdong science and technology (he ranks first) and five third prizes of Guangdong Science and Technology. Besides, he has gained one authorized state invention patent (he ranks third) and successfully bred 20 orchid breeds or hybrids, among which, 8 have been approved provincially by Guangdong Crop Authorization Committee, 12 hybrids have been registered by the International Cultivar Registration Authority for Orchid Hybrids in the Royal Horticultural Society. He has published 107 scientific papers on and above the provincial-level journals, among which, 13 papers have collected by the three famous international index systems or national-level journals. He has published 7 books and guided 8 graduate students gained for a Master’s degree.
1. Zhu G F, Li D M, Ye Q S, et al. The relationships among Cymbidium sinense cultivars based on RAPD analysis. Acta Horticulturae(ISTP).2008, 766: 323-329.
2. ZHU Gen-fa,LI Dong-mei,GUO Zhen-fei.Genetic Diversity and Relationship of Hybrid Cymbidium Based on AFLP Marker. Acta Horticulturae.2007,34（2）：417-424.
3. ZHU Genfa,LI Dongmei,GUO Zhenfei.Genetic Diversity and Relationship of Cymbidium sinense Based on AFLP Markers.Acta Scientiarum Naturalium Universitatis Sunyatseni. 2009,48(3):69-73.
4. In vitro Rapid Propagation of Stem buds of Angraecum eburneum×sesquipedale Veitchii. Plant Physiology Communications, 2010, 46(5): 475-476.
5. Study on Characteristics Segregation of F1 Generation from P42×P39 in Phalaenopsis. Subtropical Plant Science, 2010, 39(4): 10-13
6. Chromosome number analysis of Oncidium cultivars. Guangdong Agricultural Sciences, 2010, (11): 209, 214.
7. Studies on the Karyotypes of Eight Species of Paphiopedilum subgenus brachypetalum. Acta Horticulturae Sinica, 2006, 33(5): 1015-1020.
8. Chromosome Analysis of Hybrid Cymbidium. Acta Horticulturae Sinica, 2006, 33(2): 417-421.